What is EGUMPP?
EGUMPP is a highly interactive online software program for teaching and learning English grammar, usage, punctuation, and writing mechanics. EGUMPP is designed for students in middle school, high school, and post-secondary school. In addition, many ELL students have benefited from completing EGUMPP.
The EGUMPP software provides students with an understanding of grammar terminology, sentence structure, and rules application necessary to improve their writing, editing, and oral communication skills and achieve higher scores on standardized tests such as the SAT and ACT.
EGUMPP is an acronym for English Grammar Usage Mechanics Punctuation Program.
Most students are able to complete EGUMPP in fewer than 30 hours.
Powerful Online Grammar Program
- Innovative approach using technology for teaching grammar concepts
- Varying methods of instructional delivery – including audio and video
- Immediate feedback after each attempt
- Automatic grading of all exercises
- Instructor Portal for managing student progress
- Simple to use and easy to implement
- Challenges and engages students
- Develops critical thinking rather than just promoting rote memorization
- Self-directed and self-paced learning
- Works on desktop computers, laptops, Chromebooks, tablet devices, and smartphone devices
Four Online Modules
EGUMPP includes four independent modules. Each module is divided into lessons, and each lesson includes learning content, audio, video, and three interactive exercises.
Students develop a complete understanding of sentence structure by learning to identify the function of all words in a sentence including the different types of phrases, clauses, and sentence types.
Students learn to identify and correct the seven most common usage errors found in sentences today and also found as sentence errors on most standardized tests including the SAT and ACT tests.
Punctuation & Capitalization Module
Students learn a unique systematic approach to punctuating a sentence correctly. Mastering this systematic approach to punctuating a sentence correctly will ensure that the user will easily be able to identify the sentences with punctuation errors on the SAT and ACT tests
Writing Mechanics Module
Students are presented with the eight most common writing errors found in sentences today, and these are the same writing errors found in sentences that are included on the SAT and ACT tests.